Some of our Basic Beliefs:
As one of the largest outreach ministries of our church, First Baptist Mauldin, we align ourselves with their core beliefs, vision and philosophy. The following is a brief discussion of what we believe as the body of Christians called First Baptist Mauldin and Mauldin Christian Academy
The Lordship of Jesus Christ:
We believe Jesus Christ is the son of God. He is fully God and fully human. The only way to attain salvation and eternal life is through faith in Him. We believe each individual must repent of his or her sin and trust Christ as Lord and Savior, thus establishing an eternal relationship with God.
We do not believe salvation is inherited nor gained by association with any group. Salvation is an individual's decision to receive God's grace through faith. At FBCM, Jesus Christ is the focus of everything we do and believe. He is Lord of every aspect of the life of every believer.
- We believe Jesus Christ was born miraculously of a virgin.
- He lived a perfect, sinless life - pointing others to the fullness of God's plan.
- He died a sacrificial, substitutionary death - for our atonement.
- He was resurrected from the dead.
- He is alive for eternity and presently sits at the right hand of God, the Father.
- He will one day return to claim the church and rule as Lord throughout eternity.
The Authority of Scripture for Faith and Practice:
We believe the Bible is the divinely inspired Word of God, giving instruction and insight for the way we practice our faith in moral responsibility, treasure our theological beliefs, and nurture relationships with God and with each other - therefore, it should be read by everyone.
The Bible is perfect truth from cover to cover, and all Scripture in the Old Testament through the New Testament points to Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord, the Ultimate Word of God.